Ultrapak cord is made of 100% cotton, knitted into thousands of tiny loops to form long, interlocking chains. This unique knitted design exerts a gentle, continuous outward force following placement, as the knitted loops seek to open. Optimal tissue displacement occurs in 3–8 minutes. Ultrapak E is impregnated with racemic epinephrine hydrochloride.
- The original—and smallest—knitted cord
- Provides rapid tissue displacement, detailed margins, and quality impressions
- Facilitates easy packing and stays placed better than any twisted or braided cord
- Compresses upon packing then expands for optimal retraction
- Does not entangle in diamond bur
- Bright colors facilitate easy location and removal
- Available with or without epinephrine*
- High carbon steel blade ensures a clean cut
- Thin plastic gate prevents cord from falling into the bottle upon cutting
- Ruler printed on label provides easy cord measurement
*Note: Do not use Ultrapak E or other epinephrine preparations with ferric sulfate solutions, including ViscoStat, Astringedent, and Astringedent X, as a blue/black precipitate will occur. Ultrapak with Epinephrine is not available in all countries.